Our policy lasts 30 days. If 30 days have gone by since your purchase, unfortunately, we cannot help you out.
We accept returns only on misshipped products, and exchanges only for defective products. Anything we misship will be replaced with the product you ordered. Defective products will be exchanged for the same item. If any of this is not possible, for any reason, you will be issued a store credit in the amount of your purchase. Only misships will be credited for the original shipping charge.
If you receive something you did not order (that we misshipped), or a defective CD or non-music item, send us an email before doing anything else.
1. a detailed description of the problem
2. photos that clearly show what you are describing
3. your associated order number or other proof of purchase.
Send that email to: team@MUSICSAVES.com
You will be emailed further instructions, from there.
If you receive a defective record, please see the section below titled "POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR DEFECTIVE VINYL"
Non-returnable items include:
Items purchased on sale
Sending an Incorrect or Damaged Product to us:
Packages instructed to be sent to us should be returned in their original packaging, with all padding and inserts included. Packages should be sent using Media Mail service (tracking is included), and addressed to:
15801 Waterloo Road
Cleveland, OH 44110
Once your package is received and verified, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. At that time, we will tell you if a replacement product is on the way, or you will receive your store credit, in that email.
You will be responsible for paying for your own shipping costs for returning your item; however, shipping costs on misshipped and defective items will be returned to you in the form of a store credit. If you receive a full store credit, rather than a replacement product, that shipping cost will be added on to your initial refund amount.
Depending on where you live, the time it may take for your exchanged product to reach you may vary.
POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS FOR DEFECTIVE VINYL:
We recommend you try these things, before emailing us, to ensure your record is defective:
• If your record has scuffs or fingerprints: Clean it! We recommend using one of the record cleaners we sell, or clean your record with a solution of 70% isopropyl alcohol and a 100% cotton cloth, gently wiping in the direction of the grooves.
• If your record looks like it has a slight warp: Try playing it, anyway! If you have a quality turntable, you can also try adjusting your tone arm to give it more weight.
• If you hear pops and/or crackling on the first play: Records will sometimes end up with bits of vinyl and other tiny materials from the manufacturing process sitting in the grooves. You can try to avoid the initial run of issues by cleaning your record before you play it; otherwise, the first play will often work out anything that shouldn't be in the grooves, and your record will play fine, the second time!
• If your record just doesn't sound right: This may seem weird, because it IS, but 12" records don't always play at 33 1/3, and 7" records don't always play at 45! In addition, record labels don't always bother to tell you what speed to play your record anywhere on the packaging! So, if you're playing your record at one speed, and it doesn't sound right, try the other speed!
• If you received a double LP that has duplicate A/B or C/D labels on both records: Don't assume that you got 2 copies of the same record! You might have, but at least play the first track on each side to make sure! Often times, the factory has accidentally mislabeled one of the records in the set. That's more likely the case, rather than them putting 2 of the same record in the package.
If none of these suggestions solve your problem, please send us an email, following the instructions detailed near the top of this page!